A key way to keep people and pets together, and pets from unnecessarily entering shelters, is through community support—neighbors helping neighbors. Good communication about this topic will help your community see the importance of community support—and will also offer concrete ways they can participate.
Communities are stronger when we support each other, including each other’s pets. Often, the only barrier to community support is people knowing how to help one another. This communications kit is designed to help you talk to your communities about just that.
This three-part kit includes:
- Learn About It: Why is it important to communicate about neighbors helping neighbors and their pets?
- Talk About It:
- Talking Points about neighbors helping neighbors
- Media Pitch template to connect with local press
- Customizable graphics to encourage neighborly behavior
- Dive Deeper:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional resources and readings
Click to read, download and create!
[download id=”79571″ template=”dlm-buttons-hs-buttons”]
The graphic templates in the toolkit use Canva, a design platform that allows users to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, and other visual content. Most excitingly, it can be used for free or with a paid account (free for nonprofits!). Download this Quick-Read Instructional Guide to get started.