When it comes to medium and large dogs, they face some of the most unique challenges both within our sheltering systems and within the community: They are disproportionately impacted by restrictive adoption policies, housing policies, and even laws. When times are tough for families, big dogs are some of the first to be impacted. Ultimately, that means there isn’t one single solution to helping big dogs, but that getting them into and keeping them home requires a multifaceted approach.
This kit will help you communicate about the many ways that people can help your organization to help more big dogs: From providing information about pet-inclusive housing to explaining why breed doesn’t define the behavior of dogs, we’re going deep into the issues that impact big dogs and providing you with the tools to help the community understand.
This three-part kit includes:
- Learn About It: Why is it important to single out issues impacting medium and large dogs?
- Talk About It: Templates galore!
- Talking Points about issues impacting big dogs
- Media Pitch templates to connect with local press
- Graphics Templates that you can customize 100%
- Dive Deeper: Take a closer look at some of the topics we’ve introduced and explore examples from the field, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and a plethora of resources from the experts.
[download id=”78994″ template=”dlm-buttons-hs-buttons”]
The graphic templates in the toolkit use Canva, a design platform that allows users to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, and other visual content. Most excitingly, it can be used for free or with a paid account (free for nonprofits!). Download this Quick-Read Instructional Guide to get started.